15 Things to do With Coffee Filters.
Posted by gottabkd on Monday, February 9, 2009
COFFEE FILTERS: Not just for making coffee anymore and only $1 for 300/pkg @ Dollarama, they are an inexpensive substitution for paper towels and napkins.
Here are 15 useful tips for utilizing the coffee filter.
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows and mirrors. Coffee filters are lint-free so they’ll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China ….Separate your good dishes by putting a coffee filter between each dish.
4. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale. Keeps the scales clean and prevents cross contamination.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping onto your hands. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter and slide the stick end through the holes.
12. Do you use expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters instead.
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, etc on them. Soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great “razor nick fixers.”
15. Make a good ‘ol pot of coffee.
Till Next Time…..
And don’t forget to
© 2006-2009 All rights reserved, written for Gottabkd by gottaBKD. Accept no imitations.
2 Responses to “15 Things to do With Coffee Filters.”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.